Friday 5 September 2014

Why Fireflies and City Lights?

Friday 5 September 2014
Since making this blog public I've had quite a few questions as to why it has this name. Fireflies and City Lights. Pretty random, I know, but there is a method behind the madness.


Fireflies and City Lights are two of my favourite songs by my favourite music artists, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. There aren't many teenagers in the UK that are country music fans, but I am. I absolutely adore it. Unlike the traditional genre's that I'm stereotyped to like; RnB, dance, pop. I think that country music has that something extra to offer. It tells a story. Every single song has a story behind it and that's what made me fall so in love with it.

Fireflies was Faith Hill's sixth album, and was released on August 2nd, 2006. It was her 3rd number 1 album and has been certified 2x Multi-Platinum. On the album, the song Fireflies is my absolute favourite. Although it was never released as a single, it was still one of the most popular songs on the album. (Buy it. It's good. Fireflies on iTunes)

City Lights is Tim McGraw's new single on his brand new album Sundown Heaven Town, being released in the UK on September 22nd, 2014. (Buy it. It's good. Sundown Heaven Town on iTunes)

Combining these two names was a pretty simple thing to do as they fit together quite well, so with this blog, I've given it a new image to my previous one, and will have a theme of purple, yellow and white to keep it looking pretty and professional. My previous blog, strictlysavage.blogspot.co.uk, is still available to read!


- O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Content © fireflies and city lights. All rights reserved.
Template by Color It YOU. Powered by Blogger.